Celebrating women’s strength, power, and community through movement
Let me help you ground into your feminine power and honor the strength of womanhood.
I’m a performer and dance teacher specializing in Egyptian oriental dance. This beautiful art form celebrates the essence of womanhood and femininity as well as calls us to connect with our fellow women and our own spirit through music and movement.
Dance is the movement of life. As we move through dance we embody our happiness and joy or sometimes hold space for our sadness and grief as we transition thorough life. In my 10+ collective years of dancing, I have come to see dance as inextricably linked to the essence of life. As such, I offer performances and movement workshops at events focusing on and honoring women’s life transitions as well as events that strengthen our community of women. Such events can range from joyous occasions to ceremonies for healing from trauma, grief, or feminine woundedness.
- My movement workshops and classes focus on grounding into ourselves through mindfulness, movement, playfulness, and creativity. I create and hold space for women to explore creative feminine movement in a warm, welcoming, and inclusive environment. If we are honoring a woman in transition, then our communal intention focuses on honoring and supporting her. ———————————————————————————————————————
- My dance performances last about 25-30 minutes and can include finger cymbals, silk veil, cane dance (raqs assaya), candelabra dance (raqs shamadan), and more. Additional dancers and live musicians may also be available by request for an extra price.
Example performance and movement settings*
- Feminist/alternate bachelorette parties
- First moon parties
- Sweet sixteens or quinceañeras
- Wedding showers
- Fertility ceremonies
- Baby showers/adoption parties/birthing ceremonies/postpartum celebrations
- Goddess parties
- Trauma healing ceremonies
- Girl’s weekends
- Any sort of event celebrating women and feminine community
- Festivals, faires, and cultural events
*All pricing is dependent upon the type and location of event. Final pricing will be determined after a no-obligation consultation.
Contact me for more information or to discuss booking.
A blog on living creatively through dance and more
Kate’s thoughts, opinions, and insight regarding dance, life, and creativity.
Stay up to date! Sign up for Kate’s newsletter here!
I am passionate about many things, but one thing that has been close to my heart for as long as I can remember is my passion for exploring and learning about different cultures. This passion is so strong that it led to a degree in Cultural Anthropology and what is turning out to be lifelong … Continue reading Elements of Cultural Competency: Unique interactive classes coming your way!
This past year has been full of changes in my personal and professional life. One of the biggest changes was that I decided to start building a creative dance business. I’ve been dancing for over 10 years, but it was only this past year that I decided to explore turning my art into a creative … Continue reading Owning it #3: My 3 Fave Business Podcasts for Creatives